Thursday, 25 December 2008

Reindeer Treats

A friend of mine told me about this idea, to leave out "Reindeer Food" (oats or whatever you have), mixed with glitter shapes like stars.
ce08.JPG
The glittery shapes are so that when the lights/moon/stars shine over them, the reindeer know where to go to find you. Then when they land, they can fill their bellies!

ce08 (1).JPG
Today we sprinkled the front yard, pretty much all of it, just in case....

ce08 (2).JPG
ce08 (3).JPG
We made sure that the stars could actually sparkle and reflect light. And they do.

ce08 (4).jpg
Tonight we put out some carrots too, and a bowl of water for those reindeer who are probably getting thirsty after all those oats.... and some chocolate coins and milk for the big guy in red. Leroy even gave up one of his favourite lollies, a pretend mini hot dog, just for Santa.
ce08 (5).jpg
So then there was a dilemma.... he asked me so sweetly if, while he was asleep, I could keep an eye out for the reindeer to make sure they ate their food, and to try to get a photo. So I rather badly superimposed a photo of the front yard with a picture of a deer that I added a red nose to.... thank goodness he's young enough to think it looks kinda real.

ce08 (6).jpg
Earlier in this lovely Summer evening, before going out to deliver all those toys, Santa made a quick visit past our friend's home like he does every year, throwing sweets from the back of a ute (pickup truck). Where else but Australia, would you see people in shorts and Santa on a ute on Christmas Eve? Hehehe!

ce08 (7).jpg
Wishing you a warm, blessed and joyous Christmas, wherever you are in the world. I hope 2009 brings you many wonderful times and much happiness.


Thank you for your friendship, visits, comments, encouragement and humour this year. It has been an awesome year for me, and I will treasure the memories I have of it.


I'll be computer-less for January, and will hopefully get organised and schedule the rest of my trip photos to share with you in that time. So, until next time...


Big hugs and smiles,
Natasha xo

30 comments:

  1. Omigosh such a CUTE CUTE CUTE post! Leroy looks so cute sprinklig his magic reindeer food. Grant has his ready to go! I LOOOVE the photo of you and Leroy! You look SOOO pretty! Merry Christmas sweet friend may your day be full of love and happy blessings! XOXO, Jenn
    P.S. Really DIG the reindeer! So real!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, sweet chick, but ya can't fool 'em for much longer! They catch on real fast. Hah.... Come over and visit and for a few chuckles on my Christmas post, honey. Smooches for Mr Leroy and that is a darling idea for the holidays. Maybe you could put out "rabbit" food for easter and "witch" food for halloween. What a creative and sweet mom you are, my friend........

    Smooches,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha, what a sweetie Leroy is. I love your reindeer pictures. Have a wonderful Christmas full of happiness and love.

    Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is TOO cute! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Wonderful Christmas Natasha to you and your family! Thank you for being my friend. I really enjoyed meeting you in person this year. I hope 2009 holds everything you desire!
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you enjoy a blessed and peaceful Christmas! Create some magical memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw that is soo cute with the reindeer! I bet he flipped when he saw the pic of the reindeer! oh how I wish I was that innocent and still believed in santa! haha so cute! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! hugs

    toodles-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you and your family Natasha and have a swell start of 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with that cute Leroy Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet Natasha! I love the reindeer! I bet Leroy was so excited. He is too cute for words!

    Merry Christmas sweetie!

    Love you lots,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. How very sweet your reindeer setup!! You are a dear of a mama to have done this for that darling boy!!
    Love that photo of you two...awwwwww!!
    Merry Christmas Dearie and have the Happiest of New Years too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable !! I love the picture of you and your little boy! Merry Christmas sweets! Come by for some of my birthday fun! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leroy is too cute feeding the reindeer! LOVE it!! what a special moment!! That is the sweetest pic of you too together!! Holiday hugs to you and your adorable family!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun trick! I love the idea of sparkling oats for Rudolf.

    I'll bet Leroy will enjoy the doctored photo! Looks real to me.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey there sweets.

    Merry warm christmas.

    ooxooxox,
    jessi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Natasha and Leroy!
    I wish for you both a wonderful Merry Christmas! You've both brought me so much joy this year! I love ya both!! Hugs to you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. Natasha and Leroy!
    I wish for you both a wonderful Merry Christmas! You've both brought me so much joy this year! I love ya both!! Hugs to you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Darling Natasha!

    What a sweet idea about the Reindeer food! I love it!! And that picture you did....OH THAT IS CLASSIC! FAB job too! haha, gave be a sweet giggle!

    Wishing you a warm (haha it is a BLIZZARD here!) Christmas. Wishing I was in the beach in your neck of the woods!

    Big hugs!

    Molly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhh...the lengths us mummies go to. The reindeer food was a fav of my kids for many years while they were little but I think the most talked about Christmas was the year the reindeers left poop on our front verandah!! LOL
    Who knew a few randomly placed 'poops' could keep a neighbourhood of kids so entertained?

    Hope you have a great break in January and look forward to your posts in 2009.
    hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas Natasha, to you and your darling family. I have enjoyed visiting you here and look forward to more in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwww Natasha....what a darling story! Great memories sweets!!!
    You & darling Leroy look so happy in that pic! Just precious:)
    Have a Happy & Healthy New Year sweets!!!!!
    Hugs..
    Deb:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's funny what you said about the glitter cause we had some on our grass for some reason and my daughter saw it shining from her bedroom window upstairs! I love that you put carrots out for the reindeer and superimposed the picture! That's a great shot of you and Leroy too! Happy New Year!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leroy looked like he was having such fun sprinkling the reindeers food and i love your reindeer photo!

    I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and look forward to catching up with you in the new year.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I remember sprinkling the food when mine were little, such a magical time :) I adore the picture you captured of Rudolph enjoying the meal too!


    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi!!
    what a darling story!
    Happy new year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, enjoy your vacation and hope you have a wonderful New Year of creating. Sounds like your starting it out right Pinkie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, my the reindeer treats are such a great idea. I wish I had seen this earlier. This may be the last year my kids believe in the big guy in the red suit who comes down the chimney-lol.

    I'll definitely keep this in mind-just in case there is another year of fantasy in my household.

    All the best for a fantastic 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I laughed out loud when I saw the super-imposed reindeer - you are the BEST mum ever!!

    Wishing you and yours all the best for 2009!

    Joy
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Sorry about the comment moderation - I get so much spam it's crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails